PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
Our websites ("the Sites") and services (“the Services”) are operated by Teva Pharmaceuticals Europe B.V. ("Teva") and/or its affiliates. You can view a list of all the Teva affiliates here. Teva is referred to in this privacy notice as “we”, “us” and “our.”
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data we collect through the Sites or Services. It describes your data protection rights and how we use your personal data , including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “How we store your information and your rights” section below.
Our Sites may include links to other websites over which we have no control. Teva is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We may also link to other websites operated by Teva or Teva’s affiliated companies which operate under separate privacy policies. If you access these websites via our Site, you should review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information we collect
We may collect personal data about you when you use our Site or use our Services. In most cases, you will provide this information yourself by choosing to send your details to us. Depending on the services you use we may collect the following information from you:
- e-mail address;
- contact telephone number;
- IP address;
- Web behaviour (in aggregate);
- Content preferences e.g. websites and event topics
In addition, Teva may automatically collect information about the website that you visited before you came to our Site and any website you visit after leaving our Site. Teva also collects information on the parts of the Site you visit, the type of browser you use and the times you access the Site. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
How we use your information
We process the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
• with your consent to:
- provide you with information on Teva’s business activities, products or services
- respond to your queries or other correspondence you have submitted through the Sites
- place cookies and similar technologies, as described below under “Cookies and related tracking technologies”
• to allow us to pursue our legitimate business interests, in particular to:
- analyse the use of our Sites in order to continuously improve content and measure performance
- optimize and tailor the use of our Sites and our communication to you
• to meet legal, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and compliance requirements, in particular to respond to requests for information from government authorities.
• You can find more information regarding Teva's legitimate interest balancing test by contacting Teva’s Data Protection Office at EUprivacy@tevaEU.com
Sharing your personal data
Teva may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients (in all cases, only when necessary to fulfil their functions):
- our staff (including employees and external consultants), professional advisors and agents
- other functions and affiliated companies in the Teva group of companies worldwide;
- third party service providers which process your personal data on behalf of Teva and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal data confidential and appropriately secure, such as (i) hosting companies (hosting our online platforms), (ii) technology / marketing tool companies (helping us manage our customers and deliver messages), (iii) analytics companies (helping us improve the experience) and (iv) event companies (helping us manage events);
- purchasers, or potential purchasers, of all or part of Teva's business (and their professional advisors);
- and government authorities, regulatory agencies and law enforcement officials, if required for the purposes specified above, if mandated by law, or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Cookies and related tracking technologies
Teva uses the following categories of cookies on the Site:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for (such as remembering your login details) cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information on how people use the Site. For example, Teva uses these cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at the Site, browse or use the Site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, user experience and marketing campaigns. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Site works.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make (such as language choices). These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to the Site more tailored. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies
These cookies record a user's visit to the Site, the individual pages visited and the links followed. This collection of browsing habits is used to deliver more relevant adverts to users
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that by deleting our cookies (or disabling future cookies) you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Site.
Use of Web Beacons
Some pages of our Sites and e-mails we may send may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages or read our e-mails. Web beacons collect only limited information which include a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personal data and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
How we store your information and your rights
We retain all the information we gather about your interactions with Teva. Your information will be retained for two years, or as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
You may be entitled under applicable law to ask Teva for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to some processing. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate we have a legal requirement to process your personal data.
Where you have consented to the processing of your data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way in which we process your personal data. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, you can get in touch with Teva’s Data Protection Office at EUPrivacy@tevaeu.com (for Germany, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the location in which you live, work or believe a data protection breach has occurred.
Teva operates internationally and will transfer your information to countries outside your own country and outside the European Economic Area, including to Israel and the United States. When transferring your information to Israel, Teva relies on the European Commission’s adequacy decision with respect to the transfer of data from the European Union to Israel; when transferring to the US, Teva uses Teva Pharmaceutical USA Ltd.’s Privacy Shield certification; when transferring to other countries outside the EEA, Teva generally relies on EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses. Information on the relevant mechanism can be provided upon request to EUprivacy@tevaEU.com .
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Effective: November 2018